Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Big night last night....Clint was a great host. I walked up to him and he said to me in that unmistakable voice "how are you doing"? I said "great, you made my day". Not sure he got the humor. Anyway, today is credentialling of my caddy (my great friend fred buck who arrived last night) practice round at pebble beach, and then the event we all are anxiously waiting for....the "pairings party". This is where you find out who your pro will be. Some guy I met yesterday told me its a really funny sight to see "a bunch of billionaires running into this hospitality tent to rip open an envelope to see who they are playing with". He wasn't kidding about billionaires either (present company excluded, of course), as the list of players include the "who's who" of business and one of the main sponsors here is "gulfstream" who are walking around literally trying to sell you a private jet. I told the very attractive blond salesperson that I would think about it and get back to her. I saw the updated list of celebrities that are here. New to the list is Tom Brady. That is only relevant to the extent that where Tom is, Giselle is and his name is alphabetically right on top of mine so if they pair you alphabetically then Giselle and i will walk 3 rounds together.......just sayin.  Getting psyched up, back a bit sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment