Monday, February 3, 2014

I didn't think it would be possible to exceed expectations on something that I knew would be an amazing experience, however, so far it has.  Even the arrival at the lodge was an expereince like no other. After going through 6 differant layers of security and driving by the course which is decked out by hospitality tents, visitor stands and huge electronic score boards, i Checked into the lodge at pebble beach and was given a suite on fairway number 1. Was then whisked away to the brand new driving range facility where I was going to loosen up and hit some balls. Upon arriving they bring you into this enormous hospitality tent where you at told breakfast and lunch will be served each day (complimentary of course). After picking up my credentials for the week, You are then walked around to various sponsors tables to pick pick up your "arrival gifts".  I lost track of everything given to me but it was at least 3 pairs of new golf shoes, 2 hats with my name on the back, 3 dozen balls with my name on them, a waterford crystal vase, a Samsung galaxy "note pad", water proof rain jacket and rain pants, and a yardage GPS electronic device.  I then head over to the driving range to hit balls. The first available spot is next to KJ Choi. I figure the best way to get rid of the nerves is to hit balls next to one of the elite players in the world so i drop my bag and start wacking away. Within 20 minutes someone shows up on my right....oh it's Grahame McDowell, how cool. Followed next by Retief Goosen. So there I am...me, KJ, Retief and Grahame hitting balls in a line together. I quickly observe that their shots go longer and straighter every time. That gets intimadating at first But then i think "what do they know about insurance" and get back to business. Incredible experience. Gotta go, headed to a party hosted by clint Eastwood tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment