Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Exactly 17 hours until the tee goes in the ground on number 10 at pebble tomorrow. They set tee times utilizing both the front and the back nine tees. The 10:12 pst start is the very last start time of the day. I think that's an advantage as early morning in Monterey is typically at least 10 degrees cooler than mid morning. Will get up to 56 degrees tomorrow but the real weather news is the threat of rain which might begin tonight at 8pm with an 80% chance it rains until 3pm tomorrow. Steady rain and wet conditions change this event dramatically. Pros can deal with conditions, amateurs typically not so much. Personally, I hate playing in the rain. However, remember I just need 4-6 good holes each round and I am a big contributor. I calculated that I am only +2 on the 7 "par 3's" I have played in the practice rounds. so as I anticipated coming in, me getting a shot on the par 3's is a huge advantage for my team in this event.

Today's practice round was pretty brutal. One par in the 10 holes I played isn't exactly going to set records come Thursday. Howeever, my entire foursome only had about a total of 10 pars in 10 holes and I played with golfers who had handicapps of 3, 8 and 11. That should have generated twice the number of pars. In other words, Monterey is a crazy tough golf course. The tee boxes don't line up with the fairways, the drives are mostly "target landings", the fairways are cut somthat they all have thin lies and the greens are lightning. Hopefully "mr 59" shows up the day we play Monterey (Saturday) as my confidence was shaken trying to get around that joint. Otherwise, I am really excited to get started.

Saw condi rice out there today (that was pretty cool).

 Headed to Roy's at Spanish bay for some dinner and celeb sightings. Hopefully will get some sleep and wake up to better weather than they are predicting.  Thanks for following the blog as I can see I'm getting dozens of "views" each day...if you blog and nobody reads it did you really blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment